Botswana- Chobe National Park Part V

Our Day Trip to Chobe National Park was a bit pricey.
There was no discount for children, so it winds up being an expensive excursion.
But being a country-checking whore meant that I wanted to step foot into Botswana, and so off we went.

And I am so glad we did. I think compared to Kruger, our safari experience was exceptional in Botswana. There are two segments.
Getting into Botswana requires land and water transfer (they are constructing a bridge, but it's not there yet).

The first part is a water safari. And it's amazing how many birds, hippos, and elephants you will see. Spectacular photography.





Kids had fun on the boat. Look! They're getting along!



The second part is a land game drive. And you get up close to all the things you just saw from the boat. I have never seen so many elephants in all of the safari drives I've been on. Just droves of them. And we saw lion cubs, and hyenas and just about all the animals you'll want. 
Since there are not nearly as many tourists in Chobe as there are in Kruger, I feel the guides were much more invested in giving you a good experience. Hoping the word of mouth spreads. 





 So to sum it up, I thought Chobe was worth it. But if you've had your fill of safari, and are more of a Falls person. Spend the day in Victoria Falls instead. It was a great experience though, if you're considering it. We had contemplated spending the night, but the lodges are astronomically priced. I had heard that the one day tour is rough, and maybe I have high tolerance/threshold, but I didn't think it was too bad. Fine for the kids. And the lunch buffet was high quality at the hotel. (included in the price of the day trip.)


Comments